Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water Damage Emergency Tips from SERVPRO of Southern Colorado Springs
In the aftermath of a water damage emergency, we would like to share a few tips to help you while you wait for help to arrive to your property. Your safety and your families safety is of course, always the main concern. After you've confirmed everyone is safe, be sure to call for assistance if needed.
- Turn off the electricity if you are able.
- Remember that objects that have gotten wet are going to be much heavier.
- Try to gather your possessions quickly to begin the drying process.
- Begin the professional drying process as quickly as possible (within 48 hours) so that you avoid mold growth.
When water damages affect your life, you need a team that you can trust who is ready to respond 24/7! Call SERVPRO of Southern Colorado Springs day or night, we're always "here to help."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (719) 574-2789
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.