What Is Black Mold?
What is Black Mold / Stachybotrys Chartarum?
There are many misconceptions when discussing mold and specifically what we call, black mold. When water damage affects a structure, there is the chance that lingering moisture may not be correctly removed. When the moisture remains, mold can begin to grow. Unfortunately, mold grows at a rapid rate. In as little as 48 hours after water damage has occurred, mold may already be spreading throughout your property. Water leaks, flooding or even condensation are all the breeding ground for mold growth as the only ingredient needed for the spread is moisture. That is why it is so important to call ((719) 574-2789) SERVPRO of Southern Colorado Springs within the first few hours after water damage. When we are onsite quickly, we are able to handle the moisture in a timely manner and get your property back "Like it never even happened."
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Colorado Springs Southeast immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (719) 574-2789
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Colorado Springs Southeast is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Colorado Springs
- Cimarron Hills